It has been a long time since my last post. Things have been busy, however, with a new job with a 60 mile commute, a wife that insisted on breaking her arm significantly, and a bunch of cold weather. However, I have made some progress and things are starting to warm up outside.
Just before it got cold I got P-leads and an ignition switch. I found a reasonable place on the panel for the switch, installed it and then ran the P-leads.
Of course, I forgot to get a picture of it from inside the cabin, but you can see how it is installed. I added another piece of tube to allow the P-leads to go through the firewall. Each of the tubes that penetrate the firewall will have a firesleeve on it. I still have to order that.
We have a new Maranda 14-H builder. I would like to welcome William Powel to our group! William is a helicopter pilot that has decided that building a wooden airplane is something he would like to do.
William is at the point where he is trying to figure out the details of fitting the two fuselage sides together. He called me and asked a few questions and I thought it would be a good idea to go out to the airport and take some pictures. He said he had looked through my blog, but didn’t see what he was looking for. Therefore, here are some pictures of how the front cross member fits into place and a few others showing other things in that area.
Here are a few pictures of the top of the same area of the fuselage:
In the mean time I am painting the inspection covers and vertical stabilizer down in the basement. I have also ordered an oil pressure gauge and an oil temperature gauge and an inclinometer. I ordered them from Amazon and they are supposed to be here on Tuesday. That means I am going to be getting serious about laying out my instrument panel.